How To Feel Good About You
Sometimes life can just be so terrible on you. Things don’t go your way, you feel drained, disappointed and you feel like giving up.
Everyone will have those days where life gets you down. What’s important, is that no matter how difficult life gets, don’t let it affect you. Don’t let it lower your self-esteem, your confidence or your positive outlook. Don’t let it stop you from reaching your full potential.
Here are 6 ways to help you feel good about yourself whenever you feel at your lowest.
1. List your accomplishments – List your accomplishments. Sometimes you just need to remind yourself the great things you did! You have full rights to brag about yourself! Reminding yourself of your accomplishment may remind you that you are extraordinary and you can get through any obstacles. Make a list – you’ve probably achieved more than you think!
2. Pep Talk – Sometimes we really just need that extra encouragement. Especially when it comes from someone important (you!). You got this! Whatever the situation you’re in right now, you will rise above it. I know you! You can do anything! You WILL do anything you put your mind to. So go out there and do what you do well!
3. Accept yourself – No one’s perfect. We all make mistakes. Accept your flaws, accept your beauty. Accept what you did and didn’t do. When you accept yourself and the things around you, it leaves no room to compare yourself to others. In the past, I always compared myself to others: their successes, their appearances, their personalities. It took a toll on my self-esteem and pretty soon, I felt depressed of not meeting my expectations of how the ideal me. I started to accept myself for who I am, and with that, I felt like I was on top of the world. I stopped comparing myself to others and only focused on me.
4. Treat yourself – You’ve worked so hard… treat yo self! Take the time to do something for you, whether it be a day at the spa, taking the day off, or even purchasing something you’ve been working for. It’s great to reward yourself once in a while for your accomplishments.
5. Remember it’s okay to be human. it’s okay to make mistakes. Remember it’s okay to be human. it’s okay to make mistakes… Enough said.
6. Think positive thoughts – Being positive makes a huge difference on the perspective of you. Check out my “how to be positive” post. b=